Friday 7 August 2009

Using Forums To Increase Traffic

The most important thing to say here is that this defo works.

I have four blogs and I have been promoting one above the others through forums and it gets way more traffic than the others. I searched google for forums which centered around my blogs topic (in this case weightloss and body improvement) and joined the one at the top of the list, reasoning that if they had reached that spot then they would be one of the more popular forums. I set up a signature which included a link to my blog then set about starting my own thread and commenting on others whereever possible and bingo, increased traffic to that blog.

What I will say though is that you do have to be interested in your topic (which I am as im currently on a health kick) and you have to post relevant remarks. If you just type the odd word here and there not only will people be on to you, but they won't be interested enough in what you have to say to click on your link and find out more.

2 comments:

  1. ava,
    just found your blog site thru my posted question about stories.
    I have no weight problem but would love to hear your success story.
    plainolebob,blogspoy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks :-) if you want to check out that blog then they addy is http://mybestselfjourney.blogspot.com/

    thanks loads for stopping by xx

    ReplyDelete